URGENT Product Safety Recall - Flashing Starfish Necklace

Out of stock
PURCHASED BETWEEN 19/8/22 - 27/9/22

URGENT Product Safety Recall - LED Flashing Starfish Necklace

Purchased between 19th August 2022 to the 27th September 2022. 

Everything Glows takes their responsibility in providing safe products very seriously and have processes and procedures in place to ensure faulty items do not come into the market place. Regretfully, some have recently slipped through, and we would like to make everyone affected aware.

Defect: The product does not comply with the mandatory standard for products containing button/coin batteries.The battery compartment is not adequately secured. The three button batteries may be easily accessible.

Hazard: If young children gain access to button batteries and ingest them, they are likely to suffer severe internal burn injuries, which can result in serious injury or death. Button batteries also pose a choking hazard to young children.

Traders who sold this product: Various Primary Schools, Public Schools, Colleges and Epic Skate Tweed Heads

What Should Consumers Do?

Consumers should immediately stop using the product and keep it out of reach of children. Consumers can contact Everything Glows on the contact details below to arrange a refund. For further information contact Everything Glows by phone on 03 9553 0972, by email at sales@everythingglows.com.au or via the website everythingglows.com.au 

Australian Product Recall Information

Please visit productsafety.gov.au

Everything Glows sincerely apologises for having supplied you with this faulty product and the inconvenience caused.

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:URGENT Product Safety Recall - Flashing Starfish Necklace
Your Rating

Our products are the highest quality. They go through an extra quality control process at point of manufacture to ensure the smallest possible fault rate. Not suitable for children under 5 years old. Adult supervision is recommended.

A coin sized battery can get stuck in a child's system and burn through the tissue in just two hours, causing severe injury or death.


Swallowing may lead to serious injury in as little as 2 hours or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the oesophagus.

If you suspect your child has swallowed or inserted a button battery immediately call the 24-hour Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 for fast, expert advice.

Examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured, e.g. that the screw or other mechanical fastener is tightened. Do not use if compartment is not secure.

Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely.

Flat batteries can still be dangerous.

Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe.